About ARIN Intermediate Unit 28
Intermediate Unit Facts
- Intermediate Units in Pennsylvania are part of the governance structure of public education in the Commonwealth.
- They are located in the middle between the state education agency and the local school districts.
- They were designed primarily to provide services to local school districts that can be operated more effectively and efficiently on a regional basis.
- Intermediate Units also have been given the responsibility of providing programs/services to students attending the non public schools in their regional area.
- The majority of the programs offered by Intermediate Units are supported by federal, state or district contributions.
- Intermediate Units are dependent upon these sources of funding since they do not have taxing power.
Links to Pennsylvania's Intermediate Units